Tuesday, August 30, 2011

My Kids Are In Trouble...*Giggles*...

Unless you've just started following me, or your head's been up your ass (hey, I told you I curse like a sailor), then you know I'm a very very proud grandmother aka Suga Mama of my grandson, Blake (who's almost 2mos old).  My second grandson, Ryan, is due to make an appearance in October.

Anyhoo, I'm damn near 'stalkerish' when it comes to my grandson, Blake.  He has consumed  my life.  I create two-way conversations between he and I.  You don't believe me, ask his parents. ;)



Knowing Ryan will be here to complete our triune relationship, I think about our future.  I think about the times we'll spend together making cookies and brownies-bearing our truths among one another.  I think about our walks together where they'll ask me questions their parents won't answer.

I think about the day...the pivotal day when my grandsons will approach me and ask why I do not attend church.  Of course, if they're 4 or 5yrs old, their attention will be held for so long.  I will be concise and tell them church isn't for everyone and it's definitely not for their Suga Mama.  Or what will I say when they want to 'say grace' at my place?  My heart just skipped a beat!

One thing I can assure you, when the time comes to discuss church, god etc I'm going to be honest.  As they get older and question god, the bible-and they will-I will strongly advise my boys to QUESTION.  QUESTION everyone and everything...except ME! :D  I hope, I'm able to convey the importance of seeking knowledge, instead of accepting shit at face value.

Whether my suga babies are believers, agnostics, atheists, buddhists...WHATEVER path they choose, I want them to not only be happy-but I want them to KNOW WHY they've undertaken such beliefs. And as long as I'm around, I'll be there to not only challenge my grandchildren, but their parents as well.


Yours in Reason,

No comments:

Post a Comment